Sales & Marketing Manager
Myriad is an established tourism marketing company with headquarters in Los Angeles and offices in New York City. We represent international tourist offices, such as Macao, Australia’s Northern Territory, Kenya and Papua New Guinea. We are looking for a dynamic addition to our team to manage the responsibilities of a major international tourist board client. Applicants should have strong trade relations plus 3-5 years marketing and tourism experience.
We are looking for candidates with the ability to think outside of the box to find new and innovate ways to increase visitor numbers via tactical sales and marketing activities.
Sales & Marketing Manager, based in New York City office
• Develop trade relations with tour operators, consortiums, travel agents, wholesalers, airlines and other industry partners
• Conduct sales calls and training programs with tour operators and travel agents
• Develop and implement annual sales and marketing plans, with strong focus on online outlets and opportunities
• Manage sales and marketing budget
• Create and implement on and offline trade and consumer marketing campaigns
• Campaign reporting with strong focus on conversion metrics
• Client and stakeholder presentations
• Develop marketing programs and partnerships to encourage special interest travel
• Work with the client head office to execute global campaigns in the North American market
• Develop marketing partnerships and training programs with tour companies
• Manage timelines and implementation of projects
• Manage and work with a team to develop new ides and concepts for the client
• Handle all administrative aspects of the account
• Extensive knowledge of on and offline marketing outlets for the tourism sector
• Understanding of advertising metrics and reporting
• Ability to think strategically about sales and marketing activities
• Ability to provide direction and input to account team and support staff
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
• Budget management experience
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and with excellent time management skills
• Suitable tertiary qualifications
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
• Previous experience in the travel industry with understanding of travel distribution channels
• Experience with marketing long-haul destinations such as South Pacific, Africa, Asia or Middle East
• Experience in integrated sales and marketing campaigns across disciplines
Benefits include medical/dental, vacation plus paid time off between Christmas and New Year.
Salary commensurate with experience.
E-mail five reasons why you would be great for this role submit your resume and salary history.