Senior Account Executive, PR (Myriad International Marketing)
Title: Senior Account Executive, PR (Myriad International Marketing)
We are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Account Executive possessing travel, tourism and/or hospitality experience who is interested in growing his/her PR portfolio and stature in the agency as a respected member of an integrated group of advertisers and marketers.
MMGY Global believes the world is a big, beautiful place. We’ve made it our job, passion and mission to inspire people to experience as much of it as humanly possible. As the largest travel marketing firm of its kind, we work exclusively with premier travel, hospitality and entertainment brands to create progressive marketing strategies based on research and apply these insights to measureable channel marketing plans and creative work that inspires action. Put another way: we know where travelers are, how they think and what they want because we’re travelers ourselves. Join us and let’s go places together.
We have an immediate position available for a Senior Account Executive, Public Relations with Myriad International Marketing, an MMGY Global company in our Los Angeles, CA location. Myriad markets some of the world’s best travel destinations and products.
Do you meet the following criteria?
- An energetic and enthusiastic PR professional looking for a dynamic agency environment.
- Forward-thinking, modern PR practitioner who isn’t afraid of trying new-out-of-the-box PR tactics, but yearns for an environment where she/he can learn from an agency that is focused on delivering integrated marketing successes.
- Possess existing media and influencer relationships within the travel / tourism PR industry.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with experiencing in both client and team management.
- Proven track record managing and driving client or in-house PR programs forward.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing successful story pitches and securing key media placements
- Effective research, writing and story-telling capabilities
- Maintain key media contacts for delivery of pitches & press trip opportunities
- Planning, executing and hosting press trips and media events and tours for clients
- Manage a consistent level of proactive and reactive PR activities on behalf of our clients, including POV development and lead management
- Direct, create and supervise content creation where needed
- Effectively monitor and report on earned media results generated from all activities
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to creative brainstorms across client portfolio
- Collaborate on integrated paid media initiatives & native content campaigns
- Coordinate special events and promotions on behalf of clients
- Contribute to new business pitches where appropriate
- At least 3 years of Public Relations experience agency (preferred), or in-house experience in travel, tourism or hospitality is essential (candidates not meeting this requirement will not be considered)
- Exhibit successful delivery of earned media and influencer results for a client destination, hospitality or lifestyle product required
- Experience working with DMOs, CVBs, tourism boards, hotels or travel product marketing is ideal
- Must possess solid written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a growing roster of media and influencer contacts from the travel, tourism, and hospitality media space
- Must be able to travel roughly 25% of the time to international destinations
- Minimum 4 year college degree
Reports to: Client Services Director, Myriad Los Angeles
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Theresa Thornhill, Recruiter