Taiwan Tourism Bureau was seeking ways to differentiate itself from other Asian destinations in the region like Japan, Korea and China.
- Create awareness of Taiwanese cuisine to a public that is unfamiliar with the cuisine
- Position Taiwan as the ultimate culinary destination
- Myriad proposed an integrated marketing solution to position Taiwan as a culinary destination branding Taiwan as a foodie paradise.
- Launched an online chef nomination, open to three key target cities: New York, Los Angeles and Vancouver
- Invited the three selected chefs for a culinary tour to Taiwan
- Filmed and produced “Taste Taiwan,” a 30-minute documentary based on the three chefs’ experience and the epicurean highlights of the country
- Launched social media campaign on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Launched media campaign with culinary-focused media
- Partnered with Travel Leaders and Goway to promote a “Taste of Taiwan” culinary package for US + Canada markets
- Aired “Taste Taiwan” on Discovery Channel in the US, and on Discovery World in Canada
- Hosted a premiere event at each chef’s restaurant for media, trade and consumers
- Premiered the documentary “Taste Taiwan” at each event
- Chefs shared their experiences and served a Taiwan-inspired dish to guests